Poison Control Specialist RN
The Poison Control Specialist is responsible for processing calls regarding toxic or potentially toxic exposures received from health care providers and the public throughout Arkansas. This is a professional to professional call center for clinical toxicologic exposures and professional to public for potentially poisoned individuals. The staff have administrative responsibilities with budget or grants/contracts.
- Provides information and treatment advice to callers regarding toxic exposures or potentially toxic exposures.
- Creates and updates electronic medical records created by these inquires.
- Provides educational information on toxic substances and drug substances to callers.
- Assists in the education and instruction of professional students and residents.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- RN degree
- Current and valid licensure in the State of Arkansas
- Intermediate proficiency with computers (MS Office preferred)
- ED or Critical Care experience but new graduates with past LPN experience in those areas may be considered
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Knowledge of toxic exposure management.
- Knowledge of toxic exposure chemicals, ingredients, and medical consultation.
- Ability to follow up on lab interpretations and medical consultation.
- Ability to compile information into report form.
- Ability to make recommendations on toxic chemicals management.
- Ability to maintain toxic exposure data in an electronic database.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
To apply, copy and paste link into browser or go to https://jobs.uams.edu and enter 57780: https://external-uams.icims.com/jobs/57780/poison-control-specialist/job?hub=6
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities & protected veterans & is committed to excellence.
Location/Region: Little Rock, AR