ob Title: Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) for long term care in a state-run facility in Benton, Arkansas for day and night shifts now available.
Are you looking for schedule flexibility and higher hourly rate? Then Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is the company for you! Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is looking for a Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) that will join a Benton facility to provide medical care to patients. We are hiring for LPNs for PRN or full-time assignments throughout central AR and right now we have an LPN position open for a state run long term care facility in Benton, Arkansas for day or night shifts for $23-25/hour.
Arkansas Healthcare Personnel is a nursing staffing agency in central Arkansas that has been in business for 25 years. We have PRN and contract positions around the state of Arkansas and nationwide. We provide services to our clients by providing quality nursing staff for day and night shifts. We provide services like daily pay, schedule flexibility and affordable benefits including employer sponsored insurance (medical, dental, vision, and 401K). For LPN positions, we offer a pay range of $20-27/hour depending on the location which is up to $3800/month or more in some locations!
General LPN Job Description:
· Observe professional ethics in maintaining, confidential information acquired concerning the personal, financial, medical or employment of patients and their families.
· Must follow and enforce accepted Safety practices for patients and hospital.
· Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate action
· Must participate in safety instructional programs
· Must demonstrate leadership to plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
· Provide appropriate communication for patient age and level of understanding
· Provide education to patient and family within the learning ability of the patient and family
· Assess patient needs and develop a plan of care as identified by patient, nursing, physician, and family interaction
· Interacts with all hospital departments to coordinate patient care.
· Demonstrates emotional maturity and ability to function effectively under stress
· Assists in patient care, including vital signs, personal hygiene, dietary needs and ambulation
· Discusses changes in plan of care with the RN/charge nurse based on patient response
· Works under direct supervision of charge nurse or RN reporting problems to them or the house supervisor in the absence of the unit charge nurse
· Uses policy and procedure manuals, and other reference materials to ensure proper course of action
· Performs duties with supervision. Takes directions well.
· Performs additional tasks as assigned
Long Term Care State-Run Facility in Benton, AR job description:
· Administers medications per facility policies and procedures
· Demonstrates competency in administering treatments as ordered by the physician and according to policy and procedures.
· Consistently conducts observation rounds on assigned residents.
· Correctly performs technical nursing procedures (enemas, dressing changes, catheterization, specimen collections, ostomy/colostomy care, etc.). as per department standards.
· Demonstrates competency in establishing an IV administration site.
· Demonstrates competency in writing and processing physician orders per policy
· Demonstrates competency in ordering and receiving of medications through the pharmacy provider
· Promptly reports medication incidents to the charge nurse
· Complete all appropriate documentation and charting
· Demonstrates competency in counting of controlled substances per policy and procedure
· Demonstrates respect for the dignity and confidentiality of residents by compliance with resident’s rights, HIPPA regulations, and facility policy and procedures.
· Demonstrates competency in assessing residents upon admission, discharge, and change of conditions, incident and accidents, transfers, death, etc.
· Insures resident activity of daily living needs (personal hygiene, feeding, dressing, positioning, bathing toileting, transferring, etc.) are completed as assigned and assisting in these duties when necessary. Demonstrates competency in completing C.N.A assignment schedules. Works as a C.N.A if required.
· Communicates complete and accurate information regarding resident status to the RN on duty and physician
· Completes QA duties as assigned such as glucometer checks, recording of refrigerator temperature, conducting chart audits, etc.
· Assumes responsibility for completing all assigned unit tasks in a thorough, timely manner.