By becoming a Greenheart Exchange Local Coordinator, you have the opportunity to change the world by bringing cultural exchange to your community. Local Coordinators are independent contractors who work to match international high school exchange students with American host families.
Our Most Successful Local Coordinators:
- Have curiosity about other cultures
- Connect with their community and are willing to reach out
- Have good problem solving skills
- Are self-directed and self-motivated
- Willingness to engage people in conversations and ask them to become volunteer host families
- Professionally represent Greenheart Exchange in your community
- Find host families, maintain relationships with schools, and raise awareness about student exchange
- Facilitate a host family orientation before the student's arrival
- Monthly contact with the host family and student
- Perform in-person meetings with the student during the year
- $1100 per placement for a 10 month student, $900 for a 5 month student (paid over of 5-10 months)
- Opportunity to earn points to attend the Annual Greenheart Exchange Incentive Conference (all expenses paid). Past destinations have included Budapest, Athens, Miami, and Madrid!
- Additional Incentives such as trips, electronics or extra monetary compensation may be offered throughout the year
What Greenheart Offers Local Coordinators:
- Comprehensive online training sessions
- Access to complete student database with downloadable forms and student bios
- Supervisory support from a full time Regional Director and 24 hour Emergency Services Hotline Promotional support to aid in host family recruitment
- Ability to grow as a leader by developing a team
Established in 1985, The Center for Cultural Interchange, now known as Greenheart Exchange, is a non-profit international education exchange organization dedicated to the promotion of cultural understanding,academic development,environmental consciousness and world peace. Based in Chicago, Illinois, Greenheart organizes high school exchange, short-term group homestay, intern and trainee, work & travel in the U.S. and study, teach, volunteer, and language programs in over 30 countries around the world. In 2004, CCI adopted Greenheart as its environmental and social initiative. Greenheart connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. Greenheart has been endorsed by the Mayor of Chicago and the City Council for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness and citizen diplomacy.
Location/Region: Monticello, AR