Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Executive Property General Adjuster –
We help individuals and families enjoy the success they have achieved by protecting their assets with industry-leading insurance and risk management programs.
SUMMARY AND SCOPE
This position will have three primary responsibilities:
- Large Loss Handling in New Jersey (this would be a territory or national wide position – so anywhere in the country).
This individual will report directly into the Vice President – Claim leader for the territory. The position will have regular interaction with other functional disciplines at both a corporate and claim region level. Key responsibilities and essential skills are listed below.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Handle 1 to 4 new/transferred large personal lines and commercial lines losses per month with loss exposure of 1M+
- This position is the senior most field adjuster in the discipline and handles the most complex and severe claims
- Properly scope and estimate large loss exposures.
- Negotiate settlements with insured in accordance with recommended best practices guidelines and limits of authority.
- Coordinate with lead adjusters/managers on pending claim files requiring additional investigation, confirmation of coverage on our largest claims
- Assist in handling claims, when necessary, during CAT execution.
- Assist in overseeing contractor referral program, including re-inspections and quality reviews.
- Provide leadership/coaching to the the discipline as a senior level field representative.
- Manage preferred vendors, which includes driving continuous quality improvement.
- Travel estimated at 50% of the time to visit loss sites and perform re-inspections.
- The position will report to the Assistant Vice President of Large Loss Property Claims.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education;
- CPCU, SCLA or AIC designation is helpful.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Minimum of 7 years of personal lines property claims handling experience, with distribution network including independent agents.
- Claims handling experience on personal and commercial claims.
- Deep coverage/knowledge of homeowner and commercial claims.
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem resolution skills;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including large-group presentation skills
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.