Ozarka College seeks applicants for an anticipated full time position Mathematics faculty member to begin August 2019. The position is a 9-month full time faculty appointment requiring a minimum 15 hours of instruction per semester.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of lower and upper division mathematics courses including, but not limited to developmental mathematics, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-calculus, Survey of Calculus, and Mathematics for Elementary Teachers. This assignment will include teaching course at the Ash Flat and Mammoth Spring sites, as well as, concurrent high school and online offerings with the possibility of a rotational teaching assignment to one of the other Ozarka campuses. Other duties include: participation in departmental activities including the ongoing assessment and improvement of math offerings, student advising, and committee assignments.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in the development and delivery of traditional, hybrid, and online coursework
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning
- Demonstrated commitment to the community college philosophy
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills
- Experience teaching Mathematics at the college level
- Provide professional, high-quality educational experiences in mathematics to Ozarka College Students
- Effectively advise and register Ozarka College students
- Work effectively with the Division Chair, Associate Vice President of Academics and the Provost to develop, enhance, and promote academic programs and curriculum
- Serve on Ozarka College committees as assigned to assist in providing programs and services
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of an Ozarka College faculty member as outlined in a timely and effective manner
- Other duties as assigned
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Deadline for submitting applications will be Thursday, May 9, 2019 or when an acceptable candidate has been selected. To apply, submit detailed letter of application, an Ozarka Employment Application, resume, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
Attention: Mathematics Faculty Search Committee
P. O. Box 10
Melbourne, AR 72556
(870) 368-2002/FAX (870) 368-2094
For description, requirements, & full job posting please visit www.ozarka.edu/hr
Deadline for submitting applications is Thursday, May 9, 2019 or when an acceptable candidate has been selected. AA/EEO Employer.