Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work
This is a challenging role that takes an ability to thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims in order to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations and process them for payment. You'll need to be comfortable navigating across various computer systems to locate critical information. Attention to detail is critical to ensure accuracy, which will impact the timely processing of the member's claim. Primary Responsibilities
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting dental, medical and vision claims
- Obtaining information by telephone as well as by hard copy and entering into the computer systems
- Prioritization of individual work flow associated with the case assignments
- Establishing and maintaining professional rapport with clients and providers (physicians and hospitals)
- Maintaining and assuring accuracy of documentation.
- Discuss with members, clients and providers the issues relating to claim administration
- Ability to report to the office.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- 1+ years of health care experience
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ years' experience processing medical, dental, prescription or mental health claims
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift between 7:00 am - 5:30 pm Monday - Friday
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office tools including Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save and send documents) Microsoft Excel (ability to enter data, create new spreadsheets, create / edit columns and rows) Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, open, read and respond to emails; use calendar)
Making claims a positive experience for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual.
We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Little Rock, AR, Healthscope, claims, customer service, healthcare
Location/Region: Little Rock, AR