Assistant/Associate Professor in the Center for
Leadership and Learning within the College of
About Arkansas Tech
1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported comprehensive institution,
maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning
Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional
Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the
third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000
students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas
River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one
hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming
blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful
grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate degree
programs and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven
academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to
provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a
diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech
University and the surrounding community, please visit our website
at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational
Arkansas Tech University invites applications for a full-time,
tenure track position as an Assistant/Associate Professor in the
Center for Leadership and Learning within the College of
Education. The Center for Leadership and Learning prepares
school leadership (administrators, counselors and teachers) with
knowledge, skills and dispositions to work collaboratively to
develop a professional learning community focused on student
success. The position is a 9-month appointment with a start date of
August 10, 2020. Summer teaching opportunities available.
Essential Duties and
- Teach across graduate courses in the Master’s EDLD, Ed.S., and
possibly Ed.D. programs in educational leadership (face-to-face and
- Advise students in the Master’s EDLD., Ed.S., and possibly
- Assist in promoting EDLD, Ed.S, and Ed.D. programs and
- Advising dissertations may be a part of this role
- Participate in committee assignments, professional development
activities, and other service activities for the department,
college, university, and profession.
- Collaborate with faculty and public-school partners in the
development, review, assessment, and maintenance of educational
- Maintain scholarly productivity commensurate with the
departmental expectations for tenure and promotion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Department
- Develop, teach, and assess graduate courses.
- Engage students in high-impact learning practices.
- Effectively advise/mentor students at the graduate level.
- Develop a sustainable scholarship program including seeking
external funds to support the program.
- Provide impactful departmental, college, university, and
professional service to the university, community and state.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions
expected of today's education professionals.
- An understanding of the public-school culture and
- Organized, effective communicator, verbally and in
- Ability to participate effectively in collaborative team
- Collegial in disposition.
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership or closely related
- Experience as a building-level and/or district-level K-12
- Excellent teaching skills, both face to face and online, with
an emphasis in building-level and district-level leadership courses
with a minimum of three years teaching experience in a US public
- Evidence of scholarly productivity commensurate with the
departmental expectations for the appointed rank.
- Knowledge and experience using Blackboard or other similar
online platforms for online teaching.
- Experience working collaboratively to critique, revise, and
develop graduate program curricula.
- Background in curriculum leadership and/or school
- Evidence of or potential for fostering an inclusive environment
for diverse populations.
Work Location, Environment, and Physical
Position is located in the Center for
Leadership and Learning, off-campus five miles at the Lake Point
Conference Center. Teaching will be primarily online, with
some face-to-face classes a possibility. Physical demands do
not extend beyond occasional lifting of boxes, no more than 10
What to Submit
a letter of
application, curriculum vita, unofficial copies of transcripts, and
contact information for 3 references.
To be considered for the position of Assistant/Associate
Professor in the Center for Leadership and Learning within the
College of Education, all applications must be received and
processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior
to the closing date on 04/24/2020 before 6:00 pm central time.
Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu
to apply now.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background
check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone
shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship
to the requirements of the position. Background check information
will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner
consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to
attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Location/Region: Russellville, AR (72801)