The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper is seeking a Controller to manage all accounting functions, including general ledger, advertising and circulation accounts receivable, placement and billing for legal notices and obituaries, collections, and accounts payable.
A college degree in accounting and several years’ professional work experience are minimum requirements for this positon. The ideal candidate will have extensive newspaper experience and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
The company is offering an attractive compensation package including a salary commensurate with qualifications, profit sharing plan, 401K, and group health insurance.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is a part of the privately held WEHCO Media group of multi-state newspapers and Cable Television companies. The Controller reports directly to the President of the newspaper and works closely with WEHCO Media corporate executives.
To apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities of the Controller position include:
- Supervising a staff of twelve.
- Developing the annual budget working with other department heads.
- Working with an outside public accounting firm on the annual audit.
- Coordinating input for the monthly financial statements.
- Producing extensive monthly financial summary reports.
- Preparing pro forma financial statements on new projects and bi-weekly flash reports.
- Continually monitoring cash balances in several bank accounts.
- Overseeing collection efforts of bad debts for multiple Arkansas properties.
- Approving, uploading, and releasing electronic transfer of funds.
- Reviewing and approving routine commissions and bonus payments for all departments.
- Providing financial documents to all departments upon request.
- Leading the accounting effort for new projects or changes to business systems.
- Providing in-depth spreadsheet analyses of various operations and projects.
EOE Drug-free workplace.
Location/Region: Little Rock, AR